December 15, 2016
As a significant upgrade to the Salesforce platform, Salesforce Lightning helps your reps sell faster, smarter, and with more efficiency and productivity. It is not only about the refreshed new user interface for better user experience, but about an array of enhancements that allow your reps to work with better information, and ultimately help your business grow.
Here are 7 of the best new features that you should explore in Salesforce Lightning.
- Account Insights features
- Customizable home pages that present information and work needed by individual users right at login.
- Timely news articles about existing accounts so that reps can be always informed and on track.
- Automatically updated account information that requires no additional effort.
- Task prioritization that helps reps focus on and monitor the most important items to accomplish daily, weekly or monthly with the quarterly performance chart.
2. Assistant displays leads dynamically assigned to reps during the course of the day, top opportunities that need attention, and task status right on the homepage.
3. Opportunity Workspace, in conjunction with Sales Path customization, is the go-to place that helps reps manage almost everything within a sales funnel from initial opportunity to completion, showing the concrete steps needed for action at just the proper stage all along the way.
4. Kanban View enables your reps to easily see and update any opportunity list. Additionally, reps may drag-and-drop opportunities between stages to have a latest update on a pipeline — all without leaving a page.
5. Enlarged Dashboards allow users to design dashboards with more than four columns for greater accessibility to information and functionality. With the added ability to drag and drop, add, and size dashboard components with up to 20 components, this enhancement provides limitless possibilities for dashboard configuration.
6. Salesforce Lightning Design System gives businesses the ability to design and build device-agnostic apps for customer applications that look and feel like other Salesforce core features. It eliminates the need to reverse engineer applications to reflect the Salesforce style, and since it is available as an open source project on Github, businesses can achieve the same look and feel for all of their apps.
7. Smart, Dynamic Views feature improved analytics, but also retains the views which are most commonly accessed by each user.
Salesforce Lightning can significantly enhance the processes of selling and decision making, as well as making your workforce the most effective it can possibly be.
Check out for more information about Salesforce Lightning here.