November 25, 2015
“THE MOST AMAZING ABSTRACTIONS, CLEANEST CODE, OR BEAUTIFUL ALGORITHMS ARE MEANINGLESS IF YOUR CODE DOESN’T RUN WELL ON PRODUCTION.”
The next usability attribute we discuss in our “Mobile Usability Testing” discussion series is Operability. The previous 2 attributes may be found here:
Operability is a core product system attribute as it actually defines if the user is able to use the system components to perform the functions needed in production. Operability in its nature is a capability of the software component to enable the user to operate and control it. Therefore the validation of the system operability implies the following capabilities evaluation of each system component:
- suitability of the component for the task
- self-descriptiveness of the component
- controllability of the component
- conformity of the component with user expectations (requirements)
- error tolerance of the component
- suitability of the component for individualization
Basing on the feedbacks by these capabilities an Operability metric can be created and its analysis defines how well can user operate and control the component. The same analysis is made for the system all together.
Yulia has been with Core Value as a QA Manager for over 4 years. Yulia enjoys physical training, travelling, and playing the piano.